Thursday, February 5

Bath Tub Paints

I found this idea on the internet and it was loads of fun. I am talking at least an hour of fun in the bathtub! You mix dish soap with cornstarch to get a good consistency (not as thick as toothpaste) then you add food coloring. I was fearful of the paint not washing of the white grout, but it came off perfect, without any scrubbing! I gave Eli all sorts of fun things to paint with, including brushes, pieces of foam, sponges, popsicle sticks and away he went! I would suggest, however that you use unscented dish soap, as after an hour the entire upstairs was smelling pretty strong!



3 comments:

  1. Love It!! We had to try it right away. We only did one color but my dd still had tons of fun!! Thanks for the wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, Jen. You are brave. Looks like tons of fun! Simon would have had it all over his body, hair, face, etc. Ella wouldn't have touched it.

    ReplyDelete