Thursday, January 29

Valentine Hearts

Thought I would share this Valentine idea I have been using for several years now. Originally found in a cookbook in 2001 and used for my preschool class when I was a co-teacher.
Eli and I did these this morning and he is anxious to hands these out to a couple of his friends for Valentine's Day. His favorite part was putting the hearts together and smashing the candy canes to sprinkle on!

Supplies: cookie sheet, wax paper, small candy canes, almond bark or candy melts, and crushed candy canes

Melt the almond bark in the microwave till smooth.

Put the candy canes together to form a heart.


Smash some broken pieces of candy cane to sprinkle on.

Pour the melted almond bark in the center of the hearts. And if you would like to sprinkle the crushed pieces, do so quickly before the almond bark sets up. I have also attached lollipop sticks to the backs to give them a different look too.

1 comment: